Media Release – Lake Simcoe Ice Fishing Open CPR Events
Lake Simcoe has often been proclaimed as the Ice Fishing Capital of North America; a definite claim to fame. Stories abound of virtual ice fishing communities – thousands of ice huts filled with anglers participating in derbies or just enjoying a day out on the ice fishing. Visitors overflowed restaurants and accommodations in lakeside towns every winter once the “Hard water bite was on”.
The memories created go back through generations of families that ice fished here.
It’s time to return that enthusiasm to Lake Simcoe. CPR Fishing Events hosts the First Annual “Lake Simcoe Ice Fishing Open” – Winter 2012. This tournament will be recognized for its high standards and is poised to be a reputable and successful event:
- Large Cash Payouts and Prizes
Leisure and competitive anglers have an equal chance of winning cash and prizes.
- An advertising campaign that will reach beyond the borders of Ontario.
- A promotional message that welcomes previously overlooked or marginalized groups of anglers.
- An awards presentation and dinner with sponsor recognition and media coverage.
Feb. 24 – Orientation Meeting; Feb. 25 – Shallow Water Zone; Feb. 26 – Deep Water Zone
Two days of fishing over different depths for different species that earn points.
Assembly and Lake Access: Sibbald Point Provincial Park, Georgina, Ontario
Awards Presentation and Dinner: Pefferlaw Lions Hall, Georgina, Ontario
Our goal is to ensure that all participants and sponsors benefit from the experience enough to plan returning year after year:
- Anglers will rediscover Lake Simcoe as the place to ice fish.
- Local businesses are ready to welcome this event and are enthusiastically endorsing it.
- Anglers are waiting for this event to happen and are anxious to register.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN AT WWW.CPRFISHINGEVENTS.COM
SPONSOR INQUIRIES ARE ENCOURAGED NOW
Event Coordinator, Project Marketing & Development